Difference between revisions of "Software-Training"
(→Contacts For Training)
(→Certificates from Spoken Tutorials, IIT Bombay)
|Line 577:||Line 577:|
=== Certificates from Spoken Tutorials, IIT Bombay ===
=== Certificates from Spoken Tutorials, IIT Bombay ===
Revision as of 13:19, 8 March 2019
- 1 About SELF Trainings
- 2 Progress To Date
- 3 Software Offered
- 4 Be a Part of the Spoken Tutorial Project
- 5 Organising Training
- 6 Sample Time Tables / Syllabus with Mapped & UnMapped Spoken Tutorial Software Courses
- 7 Summer Faculty Development and Training programs
- 8 Certificates from Spoken Tutorials, IIT Bombay
- 9 Contacts For Training
- 10 Contacts for Training exclusively for Schools
About SELF Trainings
The Spoken Tutorial Project is about teaching and learning a particular FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) like Linux, Scilab, LaTeX, PHP & MySQL, Java, C/C++, LibreOffice etc. via an easy Video tool - Spoken Tutorials. The salient features of SELF (Spoken Tutorial based Education and Learning through FOSS study) are many. See Below:
- To come into the program a college has to pay Rs.25000/year only for an unlimited number of students trained on any number of courses with Certificates.
- This distance education method is highly conducive to self-learning.
- If the participants wish to take the test they must do so a month after the Training.
All of the above mean a big deal to students for their career with recruiters and at PG interviews.
Today, SMEs and Govt. departments are moving to Open Source Software like Linux OS. Students with this knowledge will have an edge in the job market. They can also become entrepreneurs and use Open Source Software in their businesses, and save money vs., if they were using commercial software. Net - it is a win-win situation for all. We are having a very good experience with colleges across the length and breadth of India with this format. They start with one and move to cover more batches, more departments, different FOSS series....All working together to Bridge the Digital Divide in our nation.
Click here Information on Training PPT
Use the above PPT to motivate and train your faculty.
Click here E-Brochure
Click here Matching spoken-tutorial
Click here Change in Training Policy
Progress To Date
Refer to the India Map Link: http://spoken-tutorial.org/statistics/
Spoken Tutorial Software Series
|1||Basic IT Skills package||Learn how to use
This package is useful to all who wish to learn basic IT skills. Absolute must for beginners.
|2||Ascend||Training only, No certificates|| ASCEND is a free, open source, mathematical modelling system.
|3||Arduino||Certificate||Arduino is open source hardware, software and micro-controller based kit. It is used for building digital devices and interactive objects that can sense and control physical devices.
|4||Avogadro||Certificate||Avogadro is a free and open source, advanced molecule editor and visualizer designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, bioinformatics, etc. It offers flexible high quality rendering.
|5||BASH||Certificate|| Bash is a "Unix shell" command-line interface for interacting with the operating system. Bash has the ability to run an entire script of commands, known as a "Bash Shell script" or "Shell script".
|8||C and C++||Certificate|
|9||Advanced C||Training only, No certificates||For Advanced C series, learner should necessarily go through C and C++ series beforehand.|
|10||Advanced C++||Certificate||For Advanced C++ series, learner should necessarily go through C and C++ series beforehand.|
|11||CellDesigner||Certificate|| CellDesigner is a process diagram editor for drawing gene-regulatory and biochemical networks. CellDesigner is used for user-friendly visualization Modeling and Simulation of genetic regulatory networks, Protein networks and metabolic networks.
|12||Chemcollective Virtual Labs||Certificate|| ChemCollective Virtual Labs is a simulation of a chemistry laboratory. It allows students to explore and reinforce fundamental concepts, select various standard reagents (aqueous) and use them as they use in a real laboratory.
|14||DWSIM||Certificate|| DWSIM is an open-source CAPE-OPEN compliant chemical process simulator. It allows us to conduct experiments and analyze data using advanced models and operations.
|16||Firefox||Training only, No certificates|
|17||FrontAccounting||Certificate||Free, open source accounting software (having features similar to Tally). Useful for Commerce students.|
|18||GChemPaint||Certificate|| GChemPaint allows you to draw and display 2D chemical structures. This application is useful for school students (9th standard and above) as well as school teachers. Very useful to teach and learn abstract chemistry concepts.
|20||gedit Text Editor||Certificate|| gedit Text Editor is a powerful general purpose text editor. It is free and open source software. It is simple and ease of use with simple GUI.
|24||Introduction to Computers||Certificate|| Absolute basic tutorials on parts of a computer, connecting the parts using cables, printer configuration, creating a gmail account, sending and receiving mails and using the Google Drive.
Useful for first-time computer users of any age group.
|25||Java and Netbeans|| (Java) Certificate
(Netbeans) Test In Progress
|Learn to use Java
|26||Java Business Application||Certificate|| Learn how to create a business application from scratch.
|27||Joomla||Certificate||Learn how to a Content Management System for building websites, webpages, etc.|
|28||Jmol Application||Certificate|| Learn how to create 3D chemical, crystal and biomolecules structures.
|29||KTurtle||Certificate|| An educational programming environment which helps in learning how to build logic and how to program, in an easy manner. Some of its features are: intuitive syntax highlighting, simple error messages, integrated canvas to make drawings on, integrated help function, slow-motion or step execution, and more.
|30||LaTeX & XFig|| (LaTeX) Certificate
|| LaTeX is a typesetting software for preparing reports, letters and presentations - specially useful for persons engaged in writing/ publishing documents from science/ arts/ commerce fields.
|32|| Linux & Ubuntu
|Certificate||Free operating system, almost neutral to virus attacks and no hassles for licensing issues.|
|33||Linux AWK||Certificate||Linux AWK is a language for processing text files. AWK is typically used as a data extraction and reporting tool. It is a standard feature of most Unix-like operating systems. Learn how to use the wide variety of AWK commands of Linux, to handle files, directories, processes etc.|
|34||OpenFOAM||Certificate|| Open source/ free CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) software available for solving and analyzing problems and to create a real world fluid flow movie. Open source equivalent to FLUENT. Widely used in Academics and is gaining popularity in Industry as well- Companies including AUDI, Tata Steel, Volkswagen, and Govt. agencies like BARC (Babha Atomic Research Center).
|35||OpenModelica||Certificate|| OpenModelica is an open source modelling and simulation environment intended for industrial and academic usage.It is an object oriented declarative multi domain modelling language for complex systems.
|36||Oscad- now eSIM||Training only, No certificates|
|38||PHP & MySQL||Certificate|
|40||QCAD||Certificate|| QCAD is a free, open source application for computer aided drafting (CAD) in two dimensions (2D).
|41||RDBMS||Certificate||RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System. RDBMS is the basis for SQL, and for all modern database systems like MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Microsoft Access. PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source relational database system. It runs on all major operating systems, including Linux, Windows and Mac OS. It supports most SQL data types, foreign keys, joins, views, triggers and stored procedures.. It has programming interfaces for C/C++, Java, Perl, Python, Ruby etc.|
|44||Single Board Heater System||Certificate|| A single-board heater system is a low cost, open source, lab-in-a-box setup. It consists of a heater assembly, fan, temperature sensor, ATmega16 micro-controller and associated circuitry.
|45||UCSF Chimera||Certificate|| UCSF Chimera is a program for interactive visualization and analysis of molecular structures and related data. Using Chimera, one can generate high-quality images and animations.
|46||KTouch||Training only, No certificates|
|47||TuxTyping||Training only, No certificates|| Typing application especially for children |
Start typing, Practice lessons, Play a typing game, Set a language for typing
|48||K3B||Not for Training||Learn to burn audio/video/data CDs/DVDs using K3B|
|49||Filezilla||Not for Training|
|50||Thunderbird||Not for Training|
|Screen-reading software for the Visually Impaired|
|51||Orca||Training only, No certificates|
Be a Part of the Spoken Tutorial Project
- Training Organiser
- Training RESOURCE Center
- Training Partner
1. Training Organiser:-
2. Training RESOURCE Center
Any College / University which wishes to contribute towards IT literacy and awareness can become a RESOURCE (Robust Extensions for Spoken Tutorial project on Open Source Software Usage for Recruitment, Community and Education) Center. A RESOURCE Center can conduct remote SELF workshops in its college, for other colleges and can also train other colleges and schools in conducting Spoken Tutorial SELF training. It can identify SELF training Organisers in Polytechnic, ITI and degree colleges, in and around its district. A RESOURCE Center can create a team of students and faculty members who will work to motivate the colleges to do this software training. Faculty Resource Persons from various places in India are already actively bringing in new colleges. Click here to see the list. In this way, the project can be spread and awareness created in the entire state. Additionally it is expected that the RESOURCE Center will train all its students as well incorporate the Software courses in the curriculum where relevant.
3. Training Partner
Organising Spoken Tutorial Training at your Institution is very easy!
How to make payment - For Account Executive
- Click here for Account Executive Registration.
- If making payment through Netbanking :Click here for Payment Flow via Netbanking.
- If making payment through NEFT :Click here for Payment Flow via NEFT.
Role of the Faculty Coordinator
- Inform us of your interest over mail or phone and we will register the college in our website.
- As a necessary step please study the Training Flow in detail that explains the step by step procedure of how to conduct the Training, Workshops and arrange the tests.
- Click here for Training Flow.
- To register as a Faculty Coordinator you need to create an account and assign yourself a Username and Password.
- Once registration is done, FC has to click on Software training and go in Training Dashboard.
- Faculty Coordinator will upload a Master Batch consisting of all students in that department and year in .csv file
- Click here for Instructions to upload the Master Batch Student List
- Faculty Coordinator will Select Participant List from the Master Batch to create a list.
- Download the Spoken Tutorial content available on the link (http://www.spoken-tutorial.org/create_cd_content).
- Click here for Instructions for Downloading the Tutorials
- The Faculty Coordinator will check that the machines have Firefox web browser and support sound.
- Click here for the Machine Readiness document.
- After the workshop, learners can copy the content onto their Pen-drives or CDs or laptops.
- Make a test request on our website and we will confirm it for you. Detailed but easy instruction sheets provided. You will need to identify an invigilator before the test request.
- Click here for Test Request.
- The invigilator will go through the registration process before the test and will monitor the test and attendance of the participants.
- Click here for Instructions for Invigilator.
- Your request will be confirmed and all the participants can take the test by following the simple instructions
- Click here for Test Instruction for Participants.
Downloading Spoken Tutorials
For installation and making copies on all the computers, please follow these easy steps -
Instructions for Downloading and Installing
- Click on http://www.spoken-tutorial.org/create_cd_content.
- After selecting the software and language Click on Add.
- You can select more than one software as well to download by repeating Step 3 and 4.
- Once the above steps are done Click on Submit.
- Extract the content from the zip file into a folder.
- Open the folder. Locate the read-me-first.txt file. Open it and read it carefully.
- Take enough print-outs of the Instruction sheets – one for each participant.
- Copy the extracted folder on each computer before the workshop.
Instructions for Training in Offline Mode
- Hand out one Instruction sheet to each participant, before the training.
- To do so, right-click on index.html and choose Open with Firefox option.
- Now, follow the instructions given in the Instruction Sheet and begin learning.
Instructions for installing LINUX OS
Click here for instructions on Installation of LINUX OS
Sample Time Tables / Syllabus with Mapped & UnMapped Spoken Tutorial Software Courses
Click on the following link for Time Table
Summer Faculty Development and Training programs
- Guidance is provided by the team at IIT Bombay.
Process and useful links: First the organizers create a login ID and then can access all the needed forms like requesting for training. and if you're are already registered as "Organizer" then requesting for FDP is just a click away.
Registration Link: http://www.spoken-tutorial.org/user/register
To get the lab ready - http://process.spoken-tutorial.org/images/5/58/Machine-Readiness.pdf
Please contact your respective state manager in case of any query.
Certificates from Spoken Tutorials, IIT Bombay
Certificate of Participation
Received on completing Training(i.e. after 60 days from Semester start date)
Received on completing Online Assessment Test.
Please Note Online tests are NOT yet available for the following software series -
- eSIM and Oscad (the series is being re-made)
- Netbeans (will be made available soon)
Please Note Certificates will NOT be issued for the following software series -
- Advance C
- eSIM or Oscad
- Tux Typing
Additionally, none of the new FOSS courses will have tests.
Contacts For Training
|No.||Name of States||Contact Person||Email Address||Phone|
|1||All North East States||Partha Goswamifirstname.lastname@example.org||+918486085798|
|2||Andhra Pradesh||Sanchita Samantemail@example.com||+919167330348|
|3||Bengal, Mizoram||Trupti Morefirstname.lastname@example.org||+919820096122|
|4||Bengal, Bangladesh||Fariduddin Masudemail@example.com||+918100526700|
|5||Bihar, Jharkhand||Subham Chakrabortyfirstname.lastname@example.org||+918210686199|
|7||Punjab, Haryana||Tanvir Singhemail@example.com||+919041633230|
|8||Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh||Harmeet Kaurfirstname.lastname@example.org||+918968373910|
|9||Gujarat Schools||Hitendra Zalaemail@example.com||+919664894343|
|11||Chhattisgarh, Manipur, Tripura||Rudra Biswasfirstname.lastname@example.org||+918879248798|
|12||Andhra Pradesh||Zahera Shaikhemail@example.com||+919930485081|
|13||Jammu & Kashmir||Hajra Banofirstname.lastname@example.org||+917066995460/+919086943077|
|14||Schools , Telangana||Pooja Singhemail@example.com||+918600408189|
|16||Kerala, Goa||Vinu Thomas Josephfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919820068928|
|18||Maharashtra Schools||Neelam Kamtekaremail@example.com||+917700062434|
|19||Maharashtra Schools||Swapnil Morefirstname.lastname@example.org||+919833901538|
|20||Madhya Pradesh||Anita Kedareemail@example.com||+919321530562|
|23||Tamil Nadu Schools, Puducherry||Pooja Bhawarfirstname.lastname@example.org||+919920161034|
|24||Tamil Nadu||Swapnali Kadamemail@example.com||+918082014548|
|25||Tamil Nadu||Sandra Cruzefirstname.lastname@example.org||+919561276229|
|27||Uttar Pradesh||Renu Singhemail@example.com||+919889844298|
|29||Uttarakhand, Delhi||Akanksha Sainifirstname.lastname@example.org||+919167593095|
Contacts for Training exclusively for Schools
|No.||Designation||Contact Person||Email Address||Phone|
National Training Coordinator for Schools
School Training Managers for sessions using English language
| Madhulika Goyal
School Training Coordinators for sessions using Indian languages
| Devendra Kairwan
School Training Coordinator for Assam [Working with RMSA-Assam for Teacher Training Programme]